Pittsburgh Filmmakers offers The Filmmaking Intensive, an 8-month accelerated professional program designed to develop the creative talents of aspiring filmmakers in all aspects of film and video production. Building on 40 years of Pittsburgh Filmmakers’ experience training filmmakers and digital artists, the program prepares students for careers in a variety of positions within the industry. Upon completion, students graduate with a diploma and a comprehensive portfolio of their work.
- 8-month accelerated program (September – April)
- Opportunities to serve as crew members on others’ work, gaining valuable experience in a variety of roles
- Optional Post-Graduation Apprenticeship Program (at no cost)
- Referrals for internships and paid production work (as available)
- Graduate with a diploma, and a full portfolio of your own creative work
- Public screening of students’ advanced work
- One-year access to Pittsburgh Filmmakers’ facilities and equipment following graduation
- Free enrollment in a limited number of additional, ongoing classes for up to 2 years
"The Filmmaking Intensive was a perfect blend of classroom instruction and real-world application. The courses didn't just make us competent; they gave us voices as filmmakers. Pittsburgh Filmmakers' community of faculty, staff, and students is unparalleled. I gained a lifetime's worth of knowledge and experience in less than a year."
-Tom Fisher, Filmmaking Intensive graduate
Pittsburgh Filmmakers’ School of Film, Photography and Digital Media is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD). The Filmmaking Intensive has been licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.