Pittsburgh Filmmakers offers the Photography Intensive, an accelerated professional program designed to prepare students for a career in the field of photography. The 8-month, full immersion experience develops the creative talents of aspiring photographers by focusing on editorial and studio lighting practices. In addition, students learn the basics of design and digital video to ensure a balanced education in multimedia production skills. Upon completing the program, students leave with a diploma and a comprehensive portfolio of their work, and they are prepared to launch a career in photography.
- 8-month accelerated program (September-April)
- Experience working on a variety of documentary and commercial projects from conception to completion
- Creating imagery for both print and web content
- Optional Post-Graduation Apprenticeship Program (at no cost)
- Referrals for internships and paid production work (as available)
- Full portfolio of creative work
- Public exhibition of students’ work in Pittsburgh Filmmakers Gallery
- One-year membership access to Pittsburgh Filmmakers’ facilities and equipment following graduation
- Free enrollment in a limited number of additional, ongoing classes for up to 2 years
The Photography Intensive has been a learning incubator for me. It has given me the opportunity to discover new techniques, equipment and software so that I can grow more confident as a photographer.
-Renee Greenlee, Photography Intensive graduate
Pittsburgh Filmmakers’ School of Film, Photography and Digital Media is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD). The Filmmaking Intensive has been licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.