Application Requirements, Deadlines & Admissions Timeline
If you have any questions about the admissions process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Completed, signed application
- Submission of a high school diploma or G.E.D. and SAT/TABE scores (in lieu of these, students may also submit proof of college acceptance or a college transcript)
- Admissions essays (scroll down to view essay guidelines).
- One letter of recommendation
- Personal interview
- Optional: Creative work sample in any medium
Because these are creative programs, applicants with lower test scores but a strong overall application may be considered. All aspects are weighed in making admission decisions. Only applicants the School believes have a likelihood of success in the program will be admitted. There is no fee when applying to the Intensives.
Where to send application materials:
477 Melwood Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
- Students will be notified of their interview status in 7 - 10 days after the completion of their application
- Students who interview for the program will be advised of an admissions decision in one to two weeks
- Admitted students will have two weeks to accept the admissions offer after notification
Filmmaking Intensive Applicants Essay:
1. Part one (500-600 words):
Describe your personal and career goals. How will this program contribute to them and where do you see yourself five years after your graduation?
2. Part two (500-600 words):
Choose one of the scenarios below, and write a scene that includes that moment. You may tell an entire story, or write a scene that would be part of a larger story. Write vividly, in paragraphs—that is, use prose, not screenplay form.
- a) Two men are in a car. One is driving, the other on the floor of the back seat.
- b) A woman is struggling to climb over a fence between two suburban back yards.
- c) A child is lying awake at night in a cot, in a tent, in a refugee camp.
Please feel free to contact us if you have questions about the admissions essays at email@example.com.